1. Update your social media profile with your pronouns. Already done that? Now add them to your email signature, LinkedIn, and business card too.
2. Fly that RAINBOW flag. Or the lesbian flag. Or the trans flag. All year long. That signal of your support means a lot! (And it makes you look like an awfully swell neighbor).
4. Make a plan to visit the Stonewall Monument. Can’t do that? Visit their super cool website & learn more about how this pivotal riot sparked CHANGE.
5. SHOP LGBTQIA+ owned! Show & Tell is a one-stop shop for all your gift giving or treat yourself needs. Coco & Breezy is where we go for cool eyewear for everyone and we’re itching to give NOTO’s gender fluid vegan skincare a try!
6. Gay men can’t donate blood. Whoa, what? Yeah, read that again. If this is news to you, you’re not alone as many Americans don’t know this. While we have a nationwide shortage of blood in the midst of a worldwide pandemic, policies fueled by decades of prejudice and ignorance keep a large portion of our population from doing what they can to save lives in their community. Crazy, right? Have this conversation with someone who may not know.
7. WEAR that gay swag! Seriously, we know you bought the color blocked sweater vest from Nordstrom’s pride merch this year. You will burn up if you wear that in NC’s summer heat so please wear outside of this one time period
8. Support media representation by watching our favorite onscreen couples from Schitt’s Creek to Pose!
9. GET OUT YOUR CALENDAR and mark the other days throughout the year important to celebrate like Transgender Day of Visibility (March 31st), National Coming Out Day (October 11th), and Nonbinary Pride Day (July 14th). Know of others? Let us know!
10. Volunteer at your local LGBTQ center! They could always use your help and support.
11. Set up a recurring donation to the TREVOR PROJECT. They’re an organization provide crisis intervention and suicide prevention services to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer & questioning youth. If you know someone who may need their services, please pass along this number: 1-866-488-7386.
12. Love on somebody. Y’all means all. Love is love. Shower some people in your life by listening to their experiences whether you’re gay or straight or questioning, the best way to share the spirit of PRIDE all year long is by loving all the people in every way, every single day.